Tailgating before football games is an absolute MUST! It is a great time to come together with good friends and good food. College football fans don’t just attend the games, they make a day out of it and celebrate the whole day!
If you are hosting a tailgate party then the food you are going to serve is one of the most important parts! There are a lot of great tailgating dishes that you can serve, such as my favorite, Frito Dip. But, you can take your tailgating food to a whole new level by making snacks in the shape of footballs! Your guests are sure to be impressed by your creativity and they taste great too!
I have put together some of the cutest football shaped tailgating food for you to try:
1. Football 7-Layer Dip by Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons The great thing about dips is that they are really easy to make. Just pile in the ingredients and you’re done! Don’t forget the chips!
2. Prosciutto and Asiago Rice Football Cakes by Hungry Happenings These require a little bit of culinary skills which I do not have. I have not tried making these for that reason, but they are really cute and look yummy!
3. Kickoff Pizza by Kraft Foods Probably one of the easiest football food recipes there is. All you need is a frozen pizza, pepperoni, and cheese singles. Everyone loves pizza so it is sure to be a hit.
4. Mini Football Subs by Family Fun Such a cute and tailgate-friendly appetizer! The guys will like the fact that they are meatballs and the women will appreciate the fact that they are football-shaped!
5. Spicy-Sweet Deviled Eggs by My Recipes Deviled eggs are one of those staple appetizers. These are spiced up with a little garnish that turns them into footballs! Very fun!
6. Touchdown Taco Pockets by Gourmet Mom on The Go Add a Mexican twist to your tailgate with some football tacos! Making the football shape will take a little skill.
7. Cheesy Football by Kraft Foods Served with some crackers, this is a great dish for a large group to snack on! Make sure you give yourself enough time to refrigerate!
8. Football Bites by Gimme Some Oven All it takes is a few ingredients and the ability to cut out football shapes. A kid-friendly snack, perfect for a tailgate party!
Football season is just around the corner! Let me know how our gameday football food creations go!